Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sick beats to rock the streets.

I still don't have a transportation pass. Either because the line is too crazy long, or I've been too lazy to get up early and be the first one there. Maybe tomorrow.

I have a phone. Buuut I don't really know how to use it.

And most importantly, I have a job! It's with the company Scania. I'll be the native speaker who does the conversational lessons and I'll be working with an Argentinian lady who will do the grammar. It's all day, twice a week. I'll catch a shuttle from the center out to the suburbs where the company is. I also get free lunch in the cafeteria. It probably comes out of my pay actually, but at least I won't have to think about it. I have another interview with a language school on Thursday, and hopefully some private students pawned off on me.  Should be good!




So music was a big deal during my Prague experience. Not only did I discover a lot of stuff important to me, but I also had monthly-or-so music nights with two people who were important to me.  We'd come up with a "theme" and put together a playlist, get together some night with a lot of beer and go through them. We discovered a lot of new music. A lot about each other.  A lot about ourselves.

So lately listening to stuff that was important in Prague feels weird. Like it's not right here or needs a break. Sorry, Arcade Fire. Sorry, Noah and the Whale. I'm sorry The Lonely Island (yes, really).


Luckily I heard a song played on a juke box in my pool hall in Abilene while I was home. It hit me where I live. Been listening to that album here, and it's fitting. Also picked up a few things from people's facebook posts or just randomly on youtube binges. I think I've got the good start of something here.

No comments:

Post a Comment